NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SAMITI NOIDA PROSPECTUS-CUM- APPLICATION FORM FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS IN CLASS-XI AGAINST VACANT SEATSThe Navodaya Vidyalya Samiti is invited applications from eligible students for admission to Class XI against the vacant seats likely to be available in JNVs during the academic year 2015-16. All the Admission will be made on the basis of performance of students in Class X Board Examinations certificate by CBSE / State Education Board. All the students who want to take admission in Navodaya Vidyalya shoulp apply by filling JNVST Application Form 2015 for Class 11th.
Following are the benefits to get admission in Navodaya Vidyalaya Samit
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children predominantly from the rural areas, without regard to their family.
- To ensure that all students of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti attain a reasonable level of competence in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula.
- To serve, in each district, as focal point for improvement in the quality of school education in general, through sharing of experiences and facilities.
Salient Features of Navodaya Vidyalya1. Good quality modern education for talented children predominantly from rural areas.
2. Candidate’s percentage from rural areas is at least 75% and urban areas at most 25%.
3. Reservation of seats for students from SC/ST categories in proportion to their population in the district subject to the national minimum.
4. Reservation of seats for girls.
5. Co-educational and fully residential, up to Class-XII usually in rural areas.
6. One the basis of offer of cost free land and rent free temporary buildings by State/UT Governments.
7. Free education including boarding and lodging as well as expenses on Uniforms, Text Books, and Stationery etc.
8. Affiliated to CBSE.
Criteria for Admission of Students to Class-XI against vacant seats
- Admission of students will be made against available vacancies in Class-XI on the basis of marks secured by students in Class-X Board Exam during academic session 2015-16
- A common merit list will be prepared against all the existing vacancies at State level for admission to Class XI based on available vacancies from the district/nearby districts JNVs.
- Applicants must indicate his/her preference for admission in various JNVs in the State in which he/she is residing in his/her application form.
- Selected candidates from the District will be admitted in concerned JNV to the extent of available vacancies.
- For remaining candidates allocation of JNV will be made based on the list of available vacancies and preferences given by the candidates.
How to fill Application Form for Admission in Class 11th
- Candidates are required to submit their applications in the prescribed proforma along with photocopies (duly attested by the Head of the Institution last attended) in support of their qualification, caste etc.
- The Principal of the concerned JNV will verify this information furnished by the candidates from original certificates at the time of admission.
- The selected students will be informed by the Principal of the concerned JNV by registered post.
- Newly admitted students have to undergo medical checkup by the Vidyalaya Doctor.
- Students suffering from infectious disease/serious ailments shall not be admitted.
- Ten days orientation program will be arranged for newly admitted students to bridge the learning gaps and to adapt them for new environment.
Scheme of Studies in Navodaya Vidyalya
- Streams available in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas will be allotted to students as per the criteria decided by the Samiti for allocation of streams to existing students joining Class-XI.
- Relaxation of marks for admission to Science/Commerce Streams in Class-XI
- It may be ensured that weightage is given to the eligible Sports/NCC/Scout/Guide students for admission to various streams in Class-XI in accordance with the criteria decided by the Samiti.
Reservation for scheduled casts
Reservation of total seats in Class-XI
- Girl Child-33%
- Physically Handicapped: 3%
How to apply for admission in Class-XI in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- The Principal of the concerned JNV shall work out vacancies in various streams of Class-XI immediately on receipt of CBSE result in respect of this Vidyalaya.
- The vacant seats available in each JNV will be notified in local newspaper by the concerned JNV.
- The Prospectus-cum-Application form containing detailed instructions can be obtained free of cost from the office of Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and office of District and Block Education Officers of the District. Application forms can also be downloaded from our office website that is www.navodaya.nic.in.
- Neatly typed and Xeroxed copy of the application can also be used for applying.
- Application forms filled in all respect are to be submitted to the office of Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned District either through Registered post.