IAS Syllabus 2016
The Indian Administrative Services Exam is a most competitive exam across the India. The Union Public Service Commission conducts this assessment test every year in two phases i.e. IAS Prelim and IAS Mains. The huge numbers of scholars try their luck every year in this exam to be a District Magistrate. All the scholars who have applied can get the complete information about IAS Exam Syllabus 2016 for better preparing of their exam paper.
As per our advice, those who have applied for this competitive examination must prepare according to the exam pattern. It is must to qualify the prelim exam to qualify for Mains. The Union Public Service Commission has released the IAS Prelim Mains Exam Pattern 2016. The more connected details related to the examination and its dates will be updated here. If you want to download the IAS Model Paper, Sample Paper, Previous Year Solved Papers then you have reached the right destination. Here we have given the direct links for IAS Free Books online.
Union Public Service Commission
Indian Administrative Services
IAS Syllabus 2016
UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus 2016The Preliminary Exam of IAS will be held into Two Papers. It contains objective type questions and total 400 marks in subsection (A) subjects of Section-II. The main motive of the Prelims exam is to provide admission to the capable candidates into the mains exam which will be held after the PRE exam. Each Paper will contain equal 200 Marks with total 120 minutes duration.
UPSC IAS Prelims Paper 1 Topics
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization, General Science.
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Paper II Topics
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
- General Studies (two papers each carries 300 marks),
- Essay writing (200 marks)
UPSC IAS Mains Exam Paper Subjects 2016
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Geography, Geology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Foreign Service
Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise, Gr. ‘A’)
Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Gr. ‘A’
Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’
Indian Defense Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A
Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Gr. ‘A
Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr. ‘A’
Indian Postal Service, Gr. ‘A.
Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’
Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’
Indian Railway Personnel Service, Gr. ‘A’
Indian Railway Traffic Service Gr. ‘A’
Indian Defense Estate Service Gr. ‘A’
Indian Information Service Gr. ‘A’
Indian Trade Service Gr. ‘A’ (Gr. III)
Indian Corporate Law Service Gr. ‘A’
Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Services Gr. ‘B’ (Section Officers Grade)
Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadar & Nagar haveli Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’
Pondicherry Civil Services Group B
All Subjects Study Material Free Check Here
How to download IAS Syllabus 2016 PDF
- Visit the official portal of the exam body which is www.upsc.gov.in.
- Navigate to the "What's New" section on the right side of the homepage.
- There will be several links for different announcements.
- Select the IAS Syllabus link from there and download the associated Pdf file.
- Save the file into your device hard drive.
- Read it after opening in Pdf viewer or take the printout of it.
Visit the official site to download the IAS 2016 Pattern